Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ubik Makes All Your Titles Perky and Attenion-Getting!!

Did it work? After who-knows-how-long I spent trying to remember my &%$# password and how to sign on to this google account, I finally realized that Google must have deteriorated into a previous version that no longer recognizes my naturally up-to-date password. At least it didn't ask me for a nickel. What the heck... at least they allowed me to change the password. Actually, I'm trying to figure out if I really am the only one to have posted to this point, or if you all posted already, but I missed it when google started deteriorating into said previous versions, erasing all the posts beginning with the most recent. At least I haven't seen Rick's face on any of my coins. That must mean I'm still alive!

Ok, so about the book then. It did keep my interest, and while there were times at which it felt disjointed, and I found myself wondering what in the blue blazes was going on, well... I guess it was a lot like recapping... you just keep running the tract and hopefully things kinda sort themselves out in the end. Which they seem to have done... I think. One little surprise for me was that I didn't know I was going to be reading a comedy until I was partially into the book. While unexpected, I think it helped. The increase in Levity equated to less implied responsibility to think about what I was reading... therefore quicker and easier to read. Not what I was expecting from the author of the stories which inspired the movies Paycheck and Minority Report. Other than that, I enjoyed it. Clever... interesting premise... entertaining.

And finally... whoever swapped out my credit card for Silver Certificates bearing the likeness of Kristen...

No comments: